Saturday, April 18, 2009

Blah

Did I ever mention that I hate changing guilds, its such a complete pain in the arse.

I left misfits for Dawning Vengeance, promised a raid slot, got ignored, noone was ever around to do anything. Very clique oriented.

So, I was invited to Dead N Red, people were welcoming, but were also very rude to non-DnR people. We're talking, I'd like to beat them up side the head with a bat type of rude.. Once I paid back my obligation to them for the gear they'd gotten me

I was invited to Wrath as DnR wasn't raiding at all, joined wrath, guaranteed a raid slot, the night we were supposed to start that week, the GM disbanded the guild so he could change servers w/ the ppl that the guild had geared the most.

Wrath became Dynasty, new GM has too many healers and would rather take a friend w/ less gear and wanted me to go Boomkin. They have no raid schedule, good people, but they spend 20 minutes between bosses. 3 hours = Spider + Plague Quarter, and Patch. Got ignored most of the raid as well, no healing assignments on Patch = 1 wipe. They listened to me after that.

When I offered to help tank patch as we were overstocked on healers, Despite the fact I had more of every stat than their best geared tank, they ignored my request, didn't even turn it down :P

Needless to say, DnR is approaching me again to heal for them. The two biggest antagonists in the guild (of 3) are gone. Accounts got hacked and they left. Wrath of God Maybe???. They're doing Ulduar-25 man tonight.

I've told them that I'd do it as long as people weren't horribly offensive or healer-bashing :P

It shouldn't be unreasonable to do Naxx-10 w/o me. I'm not irreplaceable but I know also that Morty is gone for a week, which is one of the reasons that I accepted. It would still be good for the group if they tried to run it, even if that meant pugging a couple of people. Spider wing should be easily doable.

I'm at work and didn't have time this morning to leave a note ingame about it.

Did I mention I hate changing guilds?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put a guild invite up earlier this week that'll cover the next two weeks. Just about anyone in the core group should know the fights well enough to be leader. Either you or Dantius have shown a clear understanding of the fights.

    I get home at 5 server, DnR wont raid until 6. If we start, I can help heal at least one fight if needed. Lash was around last saturday, I haven't heard what his availability is this week. I do know that Fyska was hoping to get in on some raids tonight. Fyska + cotton can do all of spider wing and most of the first bosses in each wing. W/O a third healer, I'd avoid Patch as cotton takes quite a bit of healing to keep up.

    I realize this is a pain in the arse as I just changed the raid nights to adjust for the last guild-change..... I might just stay w/ DnR despite the fact the raids were thoroughly unenjoyable except for seeing / learning the fights. Things were simpler with their raid schedule.

    The one question I had was, were there any days that ppl would like to do a /long/ raiding day? I think it'd be awesome to sit down and clear all of naxx in one sitting. Is this feasible for people?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depends on what day it is and if I have to work. And day but Thursday and weekends is best since I don't have labs and some of those days, I don't have to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, back with Dead N Red. First night we got to down Deconstructor after 6 or so attempts. We got him about 5 seconds AFTER he enraged and the dps on our guys ranged from 3.5-4.3K dps. These fights are hard, and this is easy mode.....

    We then tried kologarn.... thats the hardest easy fight I've seen. I'm hoping its mechanics that are going to be fixed but man.... The fight is easy until one of your guys gets gripped AND the boss swipes the raid. This takes the gripped person from 100% to dead in < 1 second. We even tried having three very well equiped healers focus solely on this one person to keep them alive..... FAIL! Bah, we'll get him eventually

    Btw, in ulduar.... even the freakin trash is hard :P

    DnR's Raiding days are Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday. I'm free any other day of the week.

    ReplyDelete