Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Max DPS

I wanted to share a website with those of you who don't know about it. Its www.maxdps.com.

Max DPS is a great site that can help you find out what your current raid dps should be or how to obtain gear that will help your DPS.

On the front of the page at the top is a list of the classes. Some of the classes have different specs to choose from when you mouse over it. Click your spec and you are taken to your class/spec's page.

At the top you will find the suggested DPS cycle, the skills you should be using during fights, for maximum DPS. For example I am a fury warrior so my DPS cycle is Blood Thirst then Whirlwind and Heroic Strike for a rage dump and Slam on BT crit.

Under the DPS cycle is a place where you can input your stats. Inputting your stats and hitting submit will show you a bunch of information including your buffed stats, white attack table (non-skills), yellow attack table (skills), and current stats including your total DPS. This will allow you to see what you need to work on to get your DPS up to par.

I used to always have trouble trying to find out which piece of gear was better than another. Under the input stats section there is a list of gear slots. Selecting a gear slot will show you a list of gear, the top of the list being the best piece of gear for that item slot and where the gear comes from. It also shows you the suggested gems to put into the gem slots for maximum DPS.

I encourage you all to take a look at this site. It has helped me to fine tune my gear to get the best possible DPS I can get.

2 comments:

  1. I took a look at this site. Your absolutely right its great Invisigoth, thanks..

    PS.. I ve seen Invisigoth's DPS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played around with the site the other day and found it very useful. One thing I thought of when you mentioned the values of some items over others.

    I can't get to the site from work so I can't test whether it takes you're stats into consideration when it weighs the value of possible upgrades.

    One of the biggest differences in Wrath is a greater variety of stats on items so that one can never follow a strict line of upgrading. Now, one piece will give you considerably more parry but slightly less hit, causing you to either regem/enchant/gear another position to give you more hit. Gearing in wrath is this constant juggling battle Especially for classes that juggle multiple stats.

    ReplyDelete