Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Grump

So, what do you do when ...
  1. The Majority of the guild doesn't look at the blog. (or in a timely fashion)
  2. People don't show up when they've signed up for a raid.
  3. They don't look up the fights listed for that day
  4. They don't have vent working. I don't know of a single raiding group that doesn't require vent.
  5. People don't follow directions. Don't stand in the blue swirlies, don't get hit by the flame wall, run out when lightning nova is channeled.
  6. The gear structure right now is such that ppl don't need nax, maly, or OS so don't get the group training in how to function tactically as a group and as an individual......
  7. And lastly, ppl voted to only raid ~2 nights a week but only show up for an hour and a half.
Any one of these would & has just made me shrug and think, "eh, easily worked around." However, on nights where we /start/ with the "trash" raids (WG & OS) to get ppl tokens or the misc. gear/trinket that only drops there.... We started 15 minutes late then had 3 ppl bail after an hour and 15 minutes.

On a very serious note: With ToC regular/heroic gear with badges, every single person in this guild should have 3K dps in 10 mans on bosses. If you don't, you're doing something wrong. Regular Raiders were doing 5K dps with worse gear in 10 mans when naxx came out & the present badge/ToC gear is Ulduar equivalent.

Until ppl in the guild show some ounce of dedication, show up on time, know the fights, have geared their toons appropriately in the off-nights, have vent, and listen to directions.... I'm not going to be bringing untrustworthy people.

I'll be whispering the ppl I've seen show up faithfully. I won't be restricting it to just guildies. I will try to recruit the people to the guild but won't require it. I will also be more than happy to gear up the people that have the attitude to show up on time and know their character. I don't care if I have to spend a week running ToC reg/heroic to get ppl badges and gear. Knowing your class is more important.

This is not a guild raid group any longer, this is a closed group by invitation only.

This is not me trying to be elitist, this is me wanting to see icecrown before the next expansion pack comes out & still being TWO patches behind.

3 comments:

  1. Well I see that I must be untrustworthy being that I did not get a whisper to join the group last night. Being that I am not needed or part of the group I guess that I will move on. If I am wrong let me know but it just appears that you (Wadataka)just don't think much of me as I am your last choice and you never appear to think much of my healing or dps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bama, there's been some miscommunication somewhere along the lines man.

    First and foremost, I don't think ill of you in the slightest. You and I wouldn't agree on a whole slew of issues (raiding style being one of them) but that doesn't mean you need to pull all of your toons out of TTS....

    I do think that the raiding style I prefer does not match yours, for various reasons. There have been quite a few complaints as to who gets brought to a raid. I set a standard and I'm holding to it despite the fact that I know it will irritate/bother some people. Out of the 27 ppl elligible for 10-man ulduar, there are 5 dedicated to the core group atm. That leaves 22 toons that can do ulduar-10. If you want to raid your way, start your own group. This is solution-minded not critical.

    This same thing happened when we ran Naxx-10 at the beginning of the year. We needed 4 days of 3-4 hours and a consistent group to clear naxx fully. We need the same for Ulduar/TotC.

    The 4 options I see:
    1) Leave TTS, join a raiding guild, deal with loads of drama and get really frustrated with the game just for the same of quick loot.
    2) Stay in TTS but create a core raiding group, deal with drama but see the content as its released rather than 6-8 months later.
    3) Stay in TTS, laid-back raiding policy, continue to be unable to down the latest bosses because people who don't put in the work to raid, want to raid.
    4) Don't Raid at all, enjoy welfare epics but never see the story-lines of endgame..

    Bama, what would you have me do? What options do you see?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wada, I think you and Dan are RL friends so I understand that. The only thing I have ever said was why take a pug that can do a known 2.5k dps when you have a guild member that can do that much. The last run that we did was OS. I did it on Bigsky to help people out (I can use nothing in there, you know how that is you did it for weeks) and I got the feeling that I was imposing by having my son play the druid. In the boss fight I had him go bear and he did 2.5k dps and we did not wipe because he helped pickup the ads. His overall dps was 2.4k. I left that night because I just did not feel welcomed. Now I came into the guild when you where getting out, I have helped many people while you were away from the game and was needed, then you come back and I am relegated to a fill as needed roll. It may not be your intention but that is what happened over and over. The straw that broke the camel’s back was when I got on before raid time and y’all were spamming trade for people to join the raid and I never got a whisper or anything. Then I read this elites bullshit that you spew out on this forum and I want nothing to do with it. What would you think when you read what you have posted and did not get a whisper from the night before. As of now I am seeing 25/man content and am asked as a first choice, not as the third level healer. I have been the MT healer and I love the responsibility. There has been no drama yet but it may happen.

    ReplyDelete